Andrew commenced his financial advice career in 2001 as a Paraplanner and Strategist at JSA Financial Planning Group.
In early 2005 Andrew moved to Sydney to work with MLC where he trained, consulted and guided financial advisers across Australia in the development of financial advice strategies, financial modelling and construction of financial plans (Statements of Advice).
During this time Andrew also become a senior trainer of the ‘Paraplanner Academy’ – an intensive program designed to train and develop the skills of paraplanners and financial planning strategists from across Australia.
In 2008 Andrew returned to JSA Financial Planning Group to join his father, Jeff Shakespeare in the expansion of the JSA Group where he has been operating as a Senior Financial Adviser and in 2011 became a Director of the company.
“Traditionally people have seen the need for Financial Advice as only suitable for someone with monies to invest and/or needing to protect their personal risks through insurance. But the financial advice we provide is much broader than this; and should be.
Portfolio management and managing someone’s risks only makes up part of a client’s overall needs. For instance my clients might also need help managing their day-to-day cash flow, or just want clarity that they have accumulated enough for retirement, or want to know what options they have in funding say a car, or want to know the ins and outs of property investing. In fact to meet a client’s goals we might find that investing entails paying down existing debt, investing in themselves through further education, investing in their own business and then of course it could be through the more traditional avenues of shares, property, cash and term deposits.
My role is to effectively put myself into the client’s shoes, guide them on the possible strategies and scenarios that they should consider and do what I can to achieve their goals over time.”
Given Andrew’s experience in the Financial Planning Industry, he has been asked to speak at AFA National Conferences and was the main platform speaker at the 2009 Matrix Annual Conference, presenting ‘Running Personal Finances like a Successful Business’.
Andrew’s educational qualifications include:
- Certified Financial Planner CFP®
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment (FINSIA)
- Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning (FINSIA)
- Fellow of Financial Services Institute of Australia (FINSIA)
Andrew has been awarded:
- 2010 Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) Rising Star of the Year Award
- 2010 Matrix Good Advice Award
- 2006 NAB/ThreeSixty Best Individual Performance Award
Andrew’s and industry memberships include:
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Association of Financial Advisers (AFA)
- Top of the Table Qualifying Member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
Andrew has also been active in local community workshops helping the public understand how shares and markets operate, teaching apprentices about money and managing their personal finances and being involved in charity raising events.
Andrew is married to Melanie and has a daughter Imogen and a son Aksel. Andrew’s personal interests include:
- Keeping fit
- Enjoying the simple things in life with Mel, Imogen, and Aksel
Jeff Shakespeare & Associates Pty Ltd is authorised to provide advice in the following areas:
- Pre-Retirement Planning & Retirement Planning
- Saving / Investment Plan
- Debt Management
- Estate Planning
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF)
- Personal Life Insurance – (Life, Total & Permanent Disablement, Trauma, Income Protection)
- Business Life Insurance – (Key Man, Business Expenses, Buy Sell)
- Aged Care
- Personal and Corporate Superannuation
Please click on the Links below to view the Financial Services Guide and Andrew Shakespeare’s Adviser Profile.