Regional Seniors Travel Card
The regional seniors travel card provides eligible seniors in regional, rural and remote areas with a $250 prepaid card to help ease the cost of travel. You can use the travel card at certain retailers across Australia to pay for fuel, taxis and pre-booked NSW Trainlink Regional trains and coaches.
The travel card is valid for 14 months from the date of issue. The expiry date is available on the front of the card.
The regional seniors travel card program is available for a 2-year trial period (2020-2021). Eligible seniors can apply for a card in 2020 and for another card in the second year of the program (2021).
You must be:
- an age pensioner with a valid Pensioner Concession Card (you must have received the age pension for a least one month), or
- a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder (you must have held your card for at least one month), and
- living in a designated regional area of NSW outside of Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong.
What you need
- your personal details (name, date of birth, mother’s maiden name)
- your residential address and delivery address
- your phone number
- the issuer, number and expiry date of your Pensioner Concession Card or Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- a MyServiceNSW Account and email address (only if you’re applying online).
Note: The details you provide in your application must match those held by the Department of Human Services or Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to complete and submit the online form.
Your details will be verified and if successful, you will receive your card from mid-February 2020.
Note: You can also apply by visiting a service centre or by calling 13 77 88. You don’t need a MyServiceNSW Account or email address if you’re applying in person or on the phone.
Successful applicants will receive their card and PIN within 10 working days.
Your card and PIN will arrive in separate envelopes.
If you change address, you need to update the Department of Human Services or Department of Veterans’ Affairs before you apply for a regional seniors travel card.
Applications for 2020 will close on 30 November 2020. Applications for 2021 will open in December 2020 and close on 30 November 2021.
Card management information (card activation, balances etc.) is provided with your card. You can also see Using your card and Managing your card for more information.
For more information, please visit https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-regional-seniors-travel-card