Personal Injury Compensation Investment Advice
Have you suffered a personal injury?
Are you seeking compensation?
If you have suffered a personal injury and are seeking compensation you know that the settlement process can be quite long. We understand that during this time you and your family will be under stress and at times may feel uncertain about the future.
During the negotiation process, you will be guided by your legal team. Once settlement has been reached, the next step is to choose a Financial Adviser who is experienced in dealing with compensation payments to work with you and your lawyer to develop a plan to manage your payment.
We can help by;
- Providing support to your legal team as required during negotiations leading to settlement.
- Helping you work out how much you will need to meet your income needs both now and into the future.
- Working out your anticipated capital expenditure requirements.
- Arranging your affairs to protect your money whilst keeping tax to a minimum.
- Assessing the impact that your payment may have on any government entitlements such as Centrelink or NDIS.
- Taking you through the options available and working with your lawyer to facilitate the appointment of a financial manager to take care of the day to day management of your affairs, should your injuries prevent you from doing so. The financial manager can be the NSW Trustee and Guardian or a private manager, typically a family member or trustee company. Your Financial Adviser, who provides financial advice and invests your settlement, will work hand in hand with your financial manager.
- Working with you and your financial manager to put together a financial plan to ensure your compensation can provide for your needs throughout your life.
- Meeting with you at least annually to review your situation to make sure you are on track to achieve your objectives. This meeting will be held at a convenient time and place for you and your family.
- Providing a sounding board for financial decisions and helping you deal with changes to your personal circumstances with the full backing of the JSA Financial Group.
- Ensuring you and your financial manager have quick access to your dedicated Financial Adviser to help resolve any issues you may have.